Author Topic: Daj's Artist Appreciation Thread! :)  (Read 1284 times)

January 02, 2020, 11:26:08 PM
Read 1284 times

Daj

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Rebel
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Daj's Artist Appreciation Thread! :)
« on: January 02, 2020, 11:26:08 PM »
Daj's Artist Appreciation Thread!
say something nice for my wonderful artist friends, hehe <3

I would be absolutely nothing if not for the amazing artwork done by my commissioned artists and artist friends. And while they get plenty of praise from my friends and I in real life, I was reminded today that little comments from online folks they have never met before can be incredibly inspiring. So that's what this thread is for!

If you have any comments, words of praise or criticism for my artist friends, please drop them here or in a PM, and I'll relay them over.

In this thread, I will be showcasing the work of three of my major (real-life friend) artists: their names are Anne, Xiao Tong and Andrew, so feel free to address them as such if you'd like to make your message more direct. As time goes by and I work with more artists, you might see a few other names popping up too.

Anne's Art:
I would actually be nothing without Anne's work. My first commission with her was the album cover to my first and most popular album; the art was so distinctive and so spot-on with my expectations that I re-styled the channel entirely to use the album art as my main icon. As for the albums, the black-handwriting-on-white style of all my VGM piano cover albums was first suggested by her, and I've maintained that ever since. I worked exclusively with her for most of my breakthrough albums, and later on, for all of my channel icons.

You can view all of Anne's art for the channel here.

Xiao Tong's Art:
The story of how I started working with Xiao Tong is quite funny -- we met at law school orientation in 2018, and once she said she did art, I told her I would commission her some day. A year later, I commissioned her for the album cover of my piano concerto, and it was brilliant. In the next three albums, she took exquisite effort into studying the artistic styles of my previous albums and tried to make her work consistent with them. She's best at wet media, and I'm not sure how tough watercolour art is for someone like that, but I do know that her work looks amazing.

You can view all of Xiao Tong's art for the channel here.

Andrew's Art:
Andrew is a close friend of mine in law school; our chats go way deeper than just album art, and it happens that he's an amazing pencil artist. If time permits us, he'll probably be doing all the artwork for my "Renewal" series. Think I'll be leaving it at that.

You can view all of Andrew's art for the channel here.

Other Dedications:
Finally, I'd just like to spend this section of the post to thank some artist friends who have done single pieces of work for me, as well as artists who I've worked with online (to whom you can send nice comments to personally).

~

For Cherry:
Thank you for spicing up our Discord server with your amazing art and for your time in making those really sweet pieces of me; you're an amazing artist, your age not even considered, and I hope that you may keep bringing others light with your skills. ^^

~

For Sho, who was an admin for about a month after our server launched, thank you for doing my first original music album's cover for me, and for taking up the offer to do my BotW cover even after you left the server.
And for Sparky, for your own amazing (and cute!!) entry for the server icon contest.

~

For Bramble and KeksPaw:
Thank you for contributing your skills for my album art in the Minecraft and OoT albums.

~

And finally, for my artist friends You Quan, Darren Chen and Natania: for their wonderful contributions for my original albums.

Always thankful for this community and all of you awesome people <3

Youtube | Spotify | Beginner VGM Arrangements | Personal Website

January 03, 2020, 09:45:29 AM
Reply #1

Seceria

• Information
    • View Profile
Re: Daj's Artist Appreciation Thread! :)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 09:45:29 AM »
Let me be the first to say I love that Dialga in the first picture

It looks so derpy, and then with the Glaceon and trying to play piano I love it. I wish I could draw Dialga

January 24, 2020, 05:14:23 AM
Reply #2

Cherry Draws Stuff

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Peep
    • View Profile
Re: Daj's Artist Appreciation Thread! :)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 05:14:23 AM »
asiuhdfafypenpfny i just saw this aaaaaaaaa
thank you for the praise [ uwu.] it makes me really happy haha
you keep being you! <3