Author Topic: THC's Genre-Change Arrangement Contest II: Even More THC Edition!  (Read 1028 times)

March 30, 2020, 12:36:56 AM
Read 1028 times

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
Hello people of the internet! Welcome to THC's Genre-Change Arrangement Contest II: Handheld Edition! The name's even worse this time, but who cares, so let's get right into the details of the contest.

The rules are simple: You will be provided with a genre of music and you will have to arrange a video game song in that style. All VGM is fair game. If you love it, use it!

The submission rules are also simple: You just have to submit an mp3 and pdf of your arrangement to the judges (me and Connor-Kingaroo). While not required, a link to the original song on youtube is recommended.

The timeframe is what?! You will have three weeks to submit your arrangement. Yes, three whole weeks! That means that you will have until April 20th to get in your submission!

The genre you will have to arrange in this time is: Tropical! There are many different styles of tropical music to work with and any one of them are acceptable! It could be slow and tranquil or fast and upbeat! It could sound like you're relaxing on the beach or catching some waves! The arrangement will not be accepted if the original song already falls under the genre. It's called Genre-Change for a reason. The best way to learn is to leave your comfort zone and try new things!

FAQS (Please read)

THC, I'm not sure what I should do for my arrangement. Both piano arrangements and full instrumental arrangements will be accepted, but due to the nature of the contest, instrumentals will have a leg-up, so I recommend striving for that.

THC, I have no idea where I should start. I've never made a genre change arrangement before. Fret not, for I have some advice! Having been doing this kind of thing for quite some time now, I find the best way to arrange for a genre is to get a good grasp on it first. The best way to do this is as simple as listening to songs within the genre! Granted, googling the typical components of a genre can never hurt, but simply listening to a genre is the best way to figure out how to emulate it.

What are our arrangements being scored on? Simple! The arrangements will be scored on how accurate to the provided genre the arrangement is and how "good" or "musical" it is. Basically, just try your best and have fun doing it! That's what really matters!

Where do we submit the arrangements? I'm glad you asked! Just send your files (and optional youtube link) to the judges (me and Connor-Kingaroo) via Discord. If you aren't on Discord, you can send the files using the forum's PM system, you'll just need to use a file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive in order to do that.

That should be everything. Good luck arranging, and remember, having fun is what matters most! Still! Because this post is original and definitely not a near exact copy of the first contest's post!
The Green Thunder strikes again!