Author Topic: ThatHiddenCharacter's Misc. Covers and Arrangements!  (Read 2261 times)

January 04, 2020, 11:38:36 PM
Read 2261 times

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
ThatHiddenCharacter's Misc. Covers and Arrangements!
« on: January 04, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »
I'm just plopping these down here because my whole viewpoint as an artist is to share my work with others (and also eventually to hopefully inspire others, but baby steps). Disclaimer: Probably at least half of the songs in this dropbox folder are extremely old and therefore of poor quality since I have yet to improve them. So if you hear anything terrible in there, that's hopefully the reason and not just me being a bad arranger. Oh yeah, these covers range from simple regular covers of songs to complete genre/style changes because that's a thing I enjoy doing. And before anyone asks, I do have a version of my Still Alive cover with vocals, they just sound really crappy so that's why I'm only sharing the instrumental. So yeah, enjoy!

P.S. I'm also linking to my arrangements on NinSheetMusic for anyone that's interested in piano arrangements rather than covers and stuff.

Dropbox folder of covers, will hopefully be updated every time I make a new one

My NinSheetMusic arrangements that are completed and on-site
The Green Thunder strikes again!

January 04, 2020, 11:57:58 PM
Reply #1

Daj

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Rebel
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ThatHiddenCharacter's Misc. Covers and Arrangements!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »
ooh not exactly related to your work, but have you considered using Soundcloud? You can upload your newer works there, and Iíll see if thereís a forum mod to embed Soundcloud players.

Also ó looks like youíve got lots of tracks out, so if youíre considering releasing to digital stores, give Soundrop a spin! Itís so easy to get your stuff on Spotify and Apple Music there xD
Always thankful for this community and all of you awesome people <3

Youtube | Spotify | Beginner VGM Arrangements | Personal Website

January 05, 2020, 12:04:21 AM
Reply #2

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 12:04:21 AM »
I do have a Soundcloud, but I prefer not to only get to host some songs while not hosting others and I can't exactly buy Soundcloud Pro nor do I think it's really worth it anyway. I also don't want to release my covers on digital stores because copyright and legality is intimidating and I'm perfectly content just selling my original works on Bandcamp. Thanks for the advice, anyway, though, I appreciate it! I keep all my music on Dropbox anyway, so it was just a matter of getting it into a folder to share.

January 15, 2020, 12:39:57 AM
Reply #3

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:39:57 AM »
It's late here, I'm tired, and that huge dropbox folder might be intimidating to people, so I've decided I'm going to start THC's Cover of the Week! This way, a different cover I've done will be showcased in it's own reply to this thread and people who don't want to fish through a sea of files can easily check out the cover of the week.

For this first week, I'll be showcasing:
Overworld (Super Mario Bros. 3) (50's Rock)

This is one of my most recent covers. I just really felt like doing a 50's rock cover and SMB3 ended up working best for it.

January 29, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
Reply #4

bor

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Citizen
  • blur like sotong
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 08:46:59 AM »
It's late here, I'm tired, and that huge dropbox folder might be intimidating to people, so I've decided I'm going to start THC's Cover of the Week! This way, a different cover I've done will be showcased in it's own reply to this thread and people who don't want to fish through a sea of files can easily check out the cover of the week.

For this first week, I'll be showcasing:
Overworld (Super Mario Bros. 3) (50's Rock)

This is one of my most recent covers. I just really felt like doing a 50's rock cover and SMB3 ended up working best for it.

sorta sounds mario galaxy-esque with how they arrange old themes - nice! Idk the theory behind how the accordion solo thingy works, but it sounds legittttt
what do you think are some of the defining characteristics of the 50s rock genre though?
fat pikachu

January 29, 2020, 10:58:04 PM
Reply #5

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:04 PM »
sorta sounds mario galaxy-esque with how they arrange old themes - nice! Idk the theory behind how the accordion solo thingy works, but it sounds legittttt
what do you think are some of the defining characteristics of the 50s rock genre though?
Firstly, thanks for reminding me about this, I completely forgot. Secondly, it's an electric organ, not an accordion, but my secret is randomly putting in notes (loosely following the chord structure) and making adjustments until it sounds good. As for defining characteristics of the 50's Rock style, that isn't easy to determine. There are so many forms of 50's Rock, each pretty distinct. Overall, the I-vi-IV-V progression (C-Am-F-G in C major) is very common and you'll usually find clean electric guitars, electric organs, and a kickin' bassline and drumline. My best advice to you is to listen to songs of the style. That's the best way to learn what a style is like. And don't forget, creativity is key. Sometimes stretching out from the norm is a great thing to do.

I'ma post the next Cover of the Week in a separate post after this. Soooo, hope you actually read this and don't miss this because of that.

January 29, 2020, 11:10:44 PM
Reply #6

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »
And now for the next Cover of the Week!
Built to Scale Medley (SSBU Style)

I've been making a bunch of Smash styled remixes lately, and I finished this one last week. It'd be a shame for it not to get its 15 minutes of fame.

February 05, 2020, 10:20:57 PM
Reply #7

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »
Well, it's Wednesday, and you know what that means! HUMP DAY!!! It's time for the next Cover of the Week!
Screwbot Factory (Surf Rock)

This is an older arrangement, but one I'm still rather happy with.

December 31, 2021, 06:15:49 AM
Reply #8

ThatHiddenCharacter

• Information
  • A-Daj-io Veteran
  • Administrator
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 06:15:49 AM »
Hehehe... Time for the next cover of the year and a half week!

BIG SHOT

This is just an instrumental cover, I wasn't really up to the terror that was recording vocal lines for this.